there is a lack of information for planned events events
the information managemnt uses 3 attributes to manage this kind of information:
probabilityOfOccurrence in SituationRecord which may contain the following values:
- certain The source is completely certain of the occurrence of the situation record version content.
- probable The source has a reasonably high level of confidence of the occurrence of the situation record version content.
- riskOf The source has a moderate level of confidence of the occurrence of the situation record version content.
Validity with attribute validityStatus which may contain
- Active The described event, action or item is currently active regardless of the definition of the validity time specification.
- Defined by validity time spec The validity status of the described event, action or item is in accordance with the definition of the validity time specification.
- Suspended The described event, action or item is currently suspended, that is inactive, regardless of the definition of the validity time specification.
validity has also the boolean overrunning that by definition is related to active SituationRecord (The activity or action described by the SituationRecord is still in progress, overrunning its planned duration as indicated in a previous version of this record.)
in case of planned events when they are input in the system the will have
probabilityOfOccurence = certain
Validity = Defined by validity time spec
overrunning = false
but it should be impossible to understand when the validity StartTime is reached if this is still an information of a planned situation record or it is a confirmed event which taks place on the road. this is not automatical in normal motorways management as not only realtime traffic or meteo conditions would lead to revoke the authorization to set up a planed event, but also sometime we are not able to state the exact time when the construction company starts a roadwork.
mean a roadwork is forecast, planned and confirmed but there could be some lock of information about the start of the construction site ..
Therefore there is a need to exactly state that a roadwork is still planned and confirmed but it's not currently implemented on the road, overtaking its planned start time ( not overruning that refers only to active events overruning their expected duration) obviously this start time will be updated in case of long time shift to set up the construction time
a solution could be to state exactly that a situation record is a "planned" event.
The request is clearly understandable and properly phrased. The DATEX committees will consider the proposal, especially the addition of a "planned" literal to the ProbabilityOfOccurrenceEnum enumeration. Since this is a non backwards compatible amendment, it has to be shifted to the release of v3.0.
Implemented resolution documented by Bard, which was to add 'planned' literal to ValidityStatusEnum.